A bold, stainless steel, outdoor weather machine, designed to be wall mounted and easy to read. The station features a barometer to measure atomspheric pressure, a thermometer, and a hygrometer to measure humidity.
- No batteries required
- Fixing material included for easy wall mounting
- Easy to read dials
- Simple to set up.
- Measures 142 mm width by 255 mm height by 70 mm depth
Upon unpackaging the station, the barometer will need to be set to the local air pressure. This can easily be done by finding the latest pressure reading from the Met Office, using the observation site closest to where you live. For example, this page details the readings for Central London. To set your barometer, simply turn a screw on the back of the station to rotate the barometer needle to the correct position (the measurement from your nearest observation site).
What can you use a barometer for?
- A slow decrease in pressure indicates the weather will worsen – usually with clouds and / or rainfall.
- A dramatic drop in pressure can mean a storm is imminent.
- A rise in pressure indicates the weather is becoming warmer, and dryer.